Home Birth Payment Information
Several insurance companies will pay for a portion of the services offered by a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM). We work with a professional billing service and are happy to bill your insurance for your care.
Insurance benefits vary widely, so please contact us with insurance and billing questions.
- For clients not billing insurance, we offer a 10% self-pay discount off the full midwifery fee of $4500 (inclusive of all prenatal, birth, and 6-8 weeks of postpartum care for mom and baby). This brings the total cost down to $4050.
- We currently do not accept Oregon Health Plan (OHP) but do offer a 15% discount off the full midwifery fee for our OHP clients. This brings the total cost down to $3825.
- All major credit cards accepted via PayPal.
- Our clients pay in monthly installments or in lump sums, whichever works best for their family. Our standard payment schedule is outlined in our financial agreement, available upon request.
- Depending on your specific insurance plan, you may be pleasantly surprised at how affordable a home birth can be! Hospital services are much more costly than home birth services, and depending on your insurance deductibles, you may find that you would pay the same amount out-of-pocket (if not much, much more) to birth in the hospital as you would to birth at home. Similar to other important financial investments in our lives such as weddings, buying a home, and going to college, we see incredible care throughout the childbearing year as a very worthwhile investment.
- We strive to make our care accessible and are always happy to answer any financial questions you may have as you are considering a home birth. Feel free to contact us by email or phone.